Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crock Pot Challenge Day #3

We eat a lot of chicken around here since I know both kids will eat it. Tonight I made Cream Cheese Chicken in the crock pot. I served it over noodles with a spinach salad (with almonds, cucumber, tomatos and pears with poppy seed dressing) on the side. This recipe is super easy and quick and is great for days when you don't have much time to prepare a meal.

Cream Cheese Chicken
4-6 pieces of chicken (I used breast tenderloins but you could use any boneless cut...mine were also frozen)
2 tbs Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1 tbs onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbs sugar
2 garlic cloves minced
1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 block of cream cheese (8 oz)


Place all ingredients except cream cheese in crock pot and stir. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix in the block of cream cheese. Turn to high and cook an additional 30 minutes. Serve over pasta.

This was easy and the kids devoured it. This is definitely a meal I would make again since it was easy and tasted good. Next time I'd probably add some kind of veggies to it when I added the cream cheese like maybe broccoli or carrots.

No comments: