Monday, May 10, 2010

Crock Pot Challenge Day #2

Today I wanted to whip up something easy that I new the kids would eat since they both are so picky. I made an easy crock pot version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. It turned out great and the kids ate it along with some butter noodles and green beans.

Here's the recipe:

Chicken Cordon Bleu

4-6 chicken breast pieces, pounded down to make them thin
4-12 slices of ham (make sure it's nitrate free)
4-12 slices of Swiss Cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 tbs non fat milk

Pound the chicken flat then lay in a slice of ham and a slice of cheese and roll. Place in crock pot seam side down. Place an additional piece of ham and cheese on top if you wish. Pour the cream of chicken soup on top and add the milk. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Ii served it with butter noodles for the kids and a salad on the side. The chicken was moist and tender and tasted great.

No comments: