I've decided that I've been spending way too much on groceries by not planning ahead. My challenge for myself this week has been to 1. plan dinner menus ahead of time and 2. use my crockpot everyday. It's so much easier to get dinner ready and going in the morning than to try to come up with something in the evening when everyone is tired and crabby.Tonight was the first night in my challenge. I used my new crockpot cookbook and decided to make Quinoa Casserole. This cooked up really easily and the combinations of flavors were delish. The nutty flavor of the Quinoa with the sweetness of the cranberries and the bitterness of the feta really is a flavorful treat. This is definitely a dish I will make over and over. Here's the recipe for you to try.
1 1/2 cups uncooked Quinoa, rinsed
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup grape tomatoes cut in 1/2
1/3 cup of feta cheese
1 large handful of fresh spinach
Place the Quinoa in the slow cooker and combine with the olive oil. Add in the chicken broth, almonds, and cranberries. Stir to combine. Cook for 4-6 hours on low. Add in the tomatoes and feta and mix well. Place the handful of spinach on top and replace lid. Cook an addition 20 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Combine spinach and serve.



1 comment:
I hate you! Kidding . . .
I wish I had the WANT to cook!!!
Post a Comment