Today, I wanted to change it up a bit. I thought I'd make a breakfast and serve it for dinner. I wanted something easy since this morning was busy so I made a Mexican Breakfast Casserole. It took me less than 5 minutes to throw this together so if you are in a rush, this would be perfect.
Mexican Breakfast Casserole
6-9 corn tortillas
8 large eggs
2 cups fat free milk
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 can of green chilies, drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup corn
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
cooking spray
Spray the inside of the stoneware with cooking spray. Place a layer of corn tortillas on the bottom. Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bown. Pour half of the egg mixture onto the tortillas. Top with another layer of tortillas. Pour the rest of the egg mixture in. Top with one more layer of tortillas. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. Remove lid about 15-20 minutes before serving to help remove moisture. It is done when the eggs are fully cooked and the edges begin to get brown.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment