Today, I was feeling festive. I had a craving for something sweet. So why not make Pecan-topped Sweet Potatoes. This recipe combines a lot of my favorite holiday flavors...candied sweet potatoes, cranberries, and pecans. It's like the holidays all rolled into one amazing dish.
Pecan-Topped Sweet Potatoes
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices (I used yams since that's what I had at the time)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 (16 oz) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup nonfat evaporated milk
4 tbs butter, cubed
1 cup chopped pecans
Place sweet potatoes in crock pot. Cover with brown sugar. Squish the cranberry sauce on top. Mix the vanilla with the milk and pour over the top. Dot with the butter. Sprinkle the pecans over the top. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Let sit with cover off for 15 minutes before serving.
We ate this with ham and spinach salad. It felt like Thanksgiving and Christmas in May. I loved it. Maddie asked for seconds.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment