Wednesday, December 3, 2008
A Little Stressed
I hate getting calls that start with "I have something to tell you but I'm a little nervous". It's especially stressful when it's coming from one of the tenants in our duplex. I expected this phone call but not so soon. The tenants we have now are the perfect tenants and we knew they were wanting to buy their own home when they first moved in in March. I got the call today that they want to break their lease a month early to buy their house. Who am I to stop them? I had the wife in tears on the phone. I think she thought I was going to be rude and tell them no which legally I can hold them to their lease but I'm not going to stand in the way of their dream. It's just stressful trying to find new tenants especially this time of year. Money is already really tight and if we can't get the same amount for rent, we are really going to be hurting. I'm sure that our prayers will be answered and we will find someone just as great but all the work of getting the unit ready to rent is not my cup of tea! We just did it last February and I was hoping we would have a couple of years before we had to do it again. I guess I just need to vent. Keep us in your prayers. We cannot afford to keep the duplex if it is vacant and I know that would kill Jason if we had to sell. If you know anyone looking to rent a 2 bedroom duplex in S. Everett starting in February, send them our way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Shara, have Bryant post it on the bulletin board at Boeing --
What about that Mom on Myspace that lives near you?? Kyra's (?) Mom & Dad.
You are such a nice landlord to let them break their lease . . . esp. when you will hurt from it.
Since you are being kind . . . maybe you can ask them to help w/ the apartment prep??? Just an idea.
I will be thinking of you all.
Post a Comment