Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Hubby...I Think?

Today is Jason's 30th birthday and to most people that would be an exciting thing. But not my hubby. He's sulking. Could it be the fact that he already got his birthday present last week because he couldn't wait? Or could it be that he's sad that he's no longer in his 20's? Maybe it's the fact that last night I told him that his new motorcycle obsession was childish and he's just going through a mid-life crisis? (Yes, I do feel bad about that comment but there is some major truth to it and maybe the truth hurts.) It's probably a little bit of everything. It's hard to be excited for someone's birthday when they wake up grumpy and on the defensive. Hopefully, after some coffee, he'll realize it's not all bad and today should be a happy day. I really hope he does have a happy birhday.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ha...sounds like Jason. It is weird when you get to 30, saying goodbye to your 20's--it's like saying goodbye to your youth- Even though you know it's just a number! Just imagine when he turns 40!