Friday, June 13, 2008

I Survived!

Whew! I'm pooped! Inviting 5 moms and 7 kids over is a lot of work. I love having play dates but the time it takes to get ready for and clean up from is exhausting. I've been cleaning the house all week, preparing snacks, getting all the toys organized for 1 1/2 hours of fun chaos. Dylan was so excited when his friends came over. Just watching his face light up when he answered the door was priceless and made all the hard work worth it! The playdate ran smoothly...only 1 tantrum, 2 hitting matches, and a couple of "no, mines" but that's to be expected with five 2 and 3 year olds, plus a 5 year old, a 1 year old, and 2 babies. It was even nice enough to play outside for a bit. I'm definitely ready for bed and it's only 3 o'clock.

No comments: