Saturday, June 7, 2008

I Hate Having Garage Sales

Today was supposed to be our neighborhood garage sale. Of course it was cloudy, a little sprinkly, and cold. Out of the 100+ houses in our neighborhood, only myself and one other house had stuff out...way to draw the crowds. Garage sales can be fun but ours was not. We had so many drive-bys, you know, when people slow way down and stare at your stuff then speed off. We did get quite a few people but most were not looking for baby things so they moved on. I think my biggest sale was $3.00! It's so disappointing when you spend hours getting stuff ready to sell and then you only make a little over $10! Jason just left to take the majority of the stuff to the Goodwill. Oh, well...there's always next year!

1 comment:

Mommy Meryl said...

I have never had a garage sale, but I have to tell you that when Allie was a newborn until she was 3ish, we often went to garage sales (of course only in the nice areas of town!). But we got her sooooooooooooo many amazing things at garage sales!! She used to wake up around 5 - 5:30am and so I always knew that was our big Sat. morning activity!! As I'm sitting here, I'm thinking of what we got - the little tykes picnic table, a bunch of musical toys, soooooooooo many of all of those red/white/black toys for infants, lots of Barney, Elmo & Dora videos - okay, so many more!! I would have bought lots at your garage sale if I was in that stage of life again!!