Friday, May 2, 2008

Never Again

Have you ever had nightmares about going grocery shopping with the kids and their screaming and yelling and pulling things off the shelves? Well, my nightmare officially came true today! We needed groceries desperately (it's payday) and normally I never take both kids unless my hubby is there to help. He was supposed to be home by 1 pm and then I was going to go. Three o'clock rolls around, and no hubby and of course he's not answering his phone. I decided to brave it alone so we would have something to eat for dinner. Now I was a little apprehensive since neither kid had taken a nap, but I figured, heck, I'm super mom, I can do it! Wrong!!! We get to Fred Meyer. Maddie freaks out and doesn't want to be in the sling, so I have to leave her in her carseat which takes up the whole freaking basket of the cart and there is no way I'm pusing around those stupid car carts because it's like manuvering a tank down the aisles. So now I know I won't be able to get everything we need because I'm not pushing 2 carts down the aisles! I trek on...I start putting things in the cart and it's filling up too quickly. I put the bananas down on the seat next to Dylan...he tries to eat it through the peel! Then, it's onto the cheese...again, Dylan tries to eat it through the package. I swear I feed him but he's like an endless pit the last few days! I try distracting him with something to drink but that doesn't help! I'm in a frenzy, running down the aisles. Maddie starts flipping out probably because she's buried up to her eyeballs in groceries. I get to the checkout and of course there's only 3 lanes open (one is express). What is it with Fred Meyer checkers being the slowest ever? Anyway it takes what seems like an hour because the lady in front of us has double coupons for everything! The whole time Maddie is fussing and Dylan's trying to grab candy off of the evil racks they place next to the register. Then the checker asks if we want another cart. I said no way! I'll make it fit! And I did. Of course once we got to the car both kids were perfectly happy. Never again am I going to the grocery store with all my rug rats in tow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on...it wasn't even a little fun! I am laughing! :)